Sheikh Mohammed's Darley organization has donated a season to its successful stallion Elusive Quality to the American Red Cross "Katrina Relief" fund.
Sheikh Hamdan, attending in person, led the way on day one of Goffs' Orby Million sale in Ireland on Monday when paying 550,000 euros for a yearling colt by his stallion Alhaarth.
The Keeneland September yearling auction -- also known as the biggest Thoroughbred sale on earth -- closed out its 14-session run Monday afternoon with gross revenue of $384,349,900 for the 3,545 hips sold.
Flame Thrower, a multiple grade II winner as a 2-year-old, was represented by his first winner when his son Lord of the Flame won Sept. 24 at Calder Race Course in his debut.
Kentucky Downs, the all-turf racetrack located on the Tennessee border in Franklin, Ky., canceled live racing Sept. 26 because of heavy rain and its effect on the course condition.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Kitten's Joy, last year's male grass champion who also received support for a 3-year-old championship, has been retired from racing and is scheduled to arrive Sept. 27 at Ramsey Farm near Nicholasville, Ky.
The mixed sale will be held Oct. 24 and 25 in Southern California.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test