Sheikh Mohammed's Darley organization has donated a season to its successful stallion Elusive Quality to the American Red Cross "Katrina Relief" fund.
Sheikh Hamdan, attending in person, led the way on day one of Goffs' Orby Million sale in Ireland on Monday when paying 550,000 euros for a yearling colt by his stallion Alhaarth.
The Keeneland September yearling auction -- also known as the biggest Thoroughbred sale on earth -- closed out its 14-session run Monday afternoon with gross revenue of $384,349,900 for the 3,545 hips sold.
Flame Thrower, a multiple grade II winner as a 2-year-old, was represented by his first winner when his son Lord of the Flame won Sept. 24 at Calder Race Course in his debut.
Kentucky Downs, the all-turf racetrack located on the Tennessee border in Franklin, Ky., canceled live racing Sept. 26 because of heavy rain and its effect on the course condition.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Kitten's Joy, last year's male grass champion who also received support for a 3-year-old championship, has been retired from racing and is scheduled to arrive Sept. 27 at Ramsey Farm near Nicholasville, Ky.
The mixed sale will be held Oct. 24 and 25 in Southern California.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- OBS Championship Stakes Fields Set