Tracy Farmer's grade I winner Commentator, who owns two of the year's fastest Beyer Speed Figures, has been taken out of training after re-aggravating a shin injury.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has contributed $50,000 to various equine-related charities to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
The Third Annual Race For Education 5K Run, which for the first time this year includes a 10K run, will be held Oct. 8, in downtown Midway, Ky. The race, benefiting the Karri Casner Memorial Scholarship Fund, is sponsored by Taylor Made Farm, Central Bank, and RJ Corman Railroad Group.
The marathon Keeneland September yearling sale set a record for gross receipts at any equine auction when Bruno de Berdt signed the ticket early in the session Monday for an Officer colt bought for $45,000 from the consignment of Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont