Tracy Farmer's grade I winner Commentator, who owns two of the year's fastest Beyer Speed Figures, has been taken out of training after re-aggravating a shin injury.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has contributed $50,000 to various equine-related charities to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
The Third Annual Race For Education 5K Run, which for the first time this year includes a 10K run, will be held Oct. 8, in downtown Midway, Ky. The race, benefiting the Karri Casner Memorial Scholarship Fund, is sponsored by Taylor Made Farm, Central Bank, and RJ Corman Railroad Group.
The marathon Keeneland September yearling sale set a record for gross receipts at any equine auction when Bruno de Berdt signed the ticket early in the session Monday for an Officer colt bought for $45,000 from the consignment of Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala