Tracy Farmer's grade I winner Commentator, who owns two of the year's fastest Beyer Speed Figures, has been taken out of training after re-aggravating a shin injury.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has contributed $50,000 to various equine-related charities to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
The Third Annual Race For Education 5K Run, which for the first time this year includes a 10K run, will be held Oct. 8, in downtown Midway, Ky. The race, benefiting the Karri Casner Memorial Scholarship Fund, is sponsored by Taylor Made Farm, Central Bank, and RJ Corman Railroad Group.
The marathon Keeneland September yearling sale set a record for gross receipts at any equine auction when Bruno de Berdt signed the ticket early in the session Monday for an Officer colt bought for $45,000 from the consignment of Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase