Tracy Farmer's grade I winner Commentator, who owns two of the year's fastest Beyer Speed Figures, has been taken out of training after re-aggravating a shin injury.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has contributed $50,000 to various equine-related charities to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
The Third Annual Race For Education 5K Run, which for the first time this year includes a 10K run, will be held Oct. 8, in downtown Midway, Ky. The race, benefiting the Karri Casner Memorial Scholarship Fund, is sponsored by Taylor Made Farm, Central Bank, and RJ Corman Railroad Group.
The marathon Keeneland September yearling sale set a record for gross receipts at any equine auction when Bruno de Berdt signed the ticket early in the session Monday for an Officer colt bought for $45,000 from the consignment of Peter O'Callaghan's Woods Edge Farm.
Team Valor and Robert Wilson's multiple grade III winner Added Edge, who went unbeaten in four starts when voted champion 2-year-old colt in Canada, has been retired from racing. Stud plans have not been determined.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar