The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale posted first-session results for revenue and average Monday that didn't change dramatically from 2004's figures, but the buy-back rate rose sharply.
Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Buzzards Bay was purchased by Gary and Wendy Broad for $725,000 Monday at the conclusion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky yearling sale in Lexington, Ky.
After word had circulated through the industry for more than a month, it was officially announced today Jess Jackson has purchased Frank Stronach's Adena Springs near Versailles, Ky.
She used to be known as the "Bag Lady" at the Kentucky sales because she catered lunches for barn help. But Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling auction, Rosilyn Polan was rolling in dough.
A colt from the second crop of grade I winner Aptitude brought $350,000 to lead the way Monday during the opening portion of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale in Lexington.
The Race For Education awarded more than $329,000 in scholarships to 27 students for use in the 2005/2006 academic year. This year's recipients--from 11 states around the country--were chosen from a pool of more than 400 applicants.
- By Scott Davis
Florida's Third District Court of Appeals has affirmed a ruling by the State's Department of Professional Regulation revoking the racing permit for Hialeah Park for its failure to operate its scheduled racing dates in 2002 and 2003.
A ruling in the British Court Of Appeal against the British Horseracing Board has finally sunk the financial strategy being pursued by racing's rulers since 2000.
Hollywood Park, saving its best for last, closed its 64-day spring/summer meet Sunday with total common pool wagering of $667,016,796, down less than one-half percent from the figure of $679,693,206 during a 65-day meet a ago. The daily average was $10.42 million, compared to $10.45 million in 2004.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother