Kentucky is one step closer to implementing a hard-hitting comprehensive schedule of penalties for medication violations, including horse suspensions, license revocations, and fines designed to make racehorse owners and veterinarians more accountable.
Three Chimneys Farm announced it has opened an office in Japan to facilitate customer communications.
- By Tom LaMarra
Friends of New York Racing, a nonprofit entity formed to devise a new economic model for New York racing, has proposed a profitable public/private structure for the New York Racing Association and installation of video lottery terminals at Belmont Park.
In an effort to bolster the Travers Stakes Day card Aug. 27, the New York Racing Association has added the Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) to the stakes lineup that day.
Saratoga Racecourse will depart from its traditional "Steeplechase Wednesdays" on Aug. 8 this year so the the A.P. Smithwick Memorial (NSA-II) can be run in conjunction with the annual induction ceremonies for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Youbet.com announced Monday that it has filed a $50 million universal shelf registration statement on Form S-3 with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
One of the richest men in Australia, Gerry Harvey, has agreed to link up with Vinery's Tom Simon and use Vinery Stud in the Hunter Valley.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York