Fog City Stable's Roman Ruler, whom trainer Bob Baffert had been pointing for the Jersey Shore Breeders' Cup on July 2, worked six furlongs in a brilliant 1:10 1/5 Monday, and may now switch plans and run in the 1 1/16-mile Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) July 4.
Graded stakes winner Truluck, sire of a pair of 2005 stakes winners, has been moved to William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead.
Emirates Airline, in conjunction with the National Thoroughbred Racing Association, announced June 20 the "Emirates Airline Racing Around the World Sweepstakes."
The owner of Bay Meadows race track in San Mateo has emerged as the leading candidate to acquire Hollywood Park with a bid of about $275 million, according to a report in the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- By Ron Mitchell
Delaware Park officials announced Monday that a new track superintendent had been hired and that racing was cancelled in order to prepare the track for Tuesday's race card.
A Gilded Time colt worked an eighth of a mile in :10 Saturday during the Under Tack show for horses consigned to the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's June sale of 2-year-olds in training. The time equals the fastest eighth mile breeze ever recorded at an OBS Under Tack Show.
Three jockeys have appealed their seven-day suspensions and $5,000 fines levied by the Churchill Downs stewards for wearing unapproved advertising in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and failing to comply with stewards' orders.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner