Retired trainer Farrell W. Jones, eighth in career victories at Hollywood Park with 479, visited the track for the first time in 25 years Sunday.
Trainer Doug O'Neill and owner J. Paul Reddam are at it again. Earlier at the Hollywood Park meet, Reddam purchased Andujar privately after an impressive allowance victory, transferred her to the O'Neill stable and watched her romp to a seven-length victory in the Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on June 4.
Fourteen 3-year-old fillies from around the world were extended invitations Sunday for the $750,000 American Oaks (gr. IT) on July 3.
Perhaps the best middle-distance horse in Italy, American-bred Electrocutionist fought off a tenacious challenge from Vol de Nuit to record his first group I victory in the Gran Premio di Milano at San Siro Sunday.
James C. de Pasquale, executive director of the New York State Thoroughbred Racing Capital Investment Fund, died of a heart attack at his home in Oceanside, N.Y. Friday. He was 74.
Jockey Winston Thompson won six races on Saturday's 11-event program at Suffolk Downs, including the featured $50,000 Old Ironsides Breeders' Cup Stakes on the turf course aboard Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- No Sure Favorite in Woodbine's Royal North Stakes
- Ascend, Bigger Picture to Clash in Bowling Green
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Look Back: Bernardini's Dandy Score at Saratoga
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Dual Oaks Winner Enable Steps Up in King George