Santa Anita's leading trainer Doug O'Neill won his seventh stakes of the meeting Sunday when Grand Appointment took the $137,875 Sensational Star Handicap for older horses bred in California.
Storm's Darling made amends for a subpar performance last month by rallying to her first career stakes victory in the $75,000 Chou Croute Handicap Sunday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Ray Sibille, who rode 4,264 winners in a 35-year career before his retirement last July, is the winner of the 2005 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, Santa Anita Park announced Sunday.
Kim N. Hart, president and CEO of Horsepower® Broadcasting Network International Ltd., died recently at his home near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Rockport Harbor, unbeaten in four starts and the future book favorite for the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is being treated for a bruised left front foot, leaving his planned start in the $250,000 Rebel Stakes (gr. III) March 19 on hold.
A top prize of $250,000 and a stable of Thoroughbreds will be on the line in the live finale of GSN's reality TV show, "American Dream Derby" at Santa Anita Park on Monday, Presidents' Day.
Juddmonte Farms' Intercontinental, winner of the Nov. 28 Matriarch (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park in her last start of 2004, is scheduled to make her 2005 debut for trainer Bobby Fankel in Monday's $150,000 Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner
- Rowand Shared His Experiences Owning, Breeding Horses