Youbet.com reported Monday that it had record net income for the 2004 fourth quarter period of $535,372, or $0.02 per fully diluted share, compared to a loss of $1.2 million, or ($0.04) per fully diluted share, in the 2003 fourth quarter.
A no limit Texas hold'em tournament with a top prize of $5,000 and a chance to play in the World Series of Poker will be held March 22 at the Ocala Hilton.
Ema Bovary, a Chilean-bred mare who was one of the top sprint mares in 2003-04, was retired after injuring her left front ankle during a workout Feb. 12 at Golden Gate Fields.
Simply put, this has been a relatively uneventful Kentucky Derby (gr. I) trail. Until Feb. 12, no 3-year-old had done anything exciting enough to infiltrate the top spots, occupied by last year's stars, none of whom have even run yet in 2005. Then, along came Scipion.
Youbet.com announced Monday that it plans to launch a horse racing entertainment Web site in March of this year exclusively for access by customers in Mainland China.
Trainer Tim Ritchey confirmed Monday morning that Afleet Alex, runner-up for the 2-year-old championship, will have his first work of his 3-year-old season later this week at Oaklawn Park.
Fortunate Prospect, a 24-year-old son of Northern Prospect, has been retired from the breeding shed and pensioned at Farnsworth Farms near Ocala, Fla.
- By Dan Liebman
The following is the transcript of a question and answer session by John Gaines with Dan Liebman, executive editor of The Blood-Horse, which appeared in the pages of the magazine in October, 1999.
- By Tom Keyser
For the third straight year, a bill legalizing slot machines in Maryland is headed for the House of Delegates, where it's anyone's guess what will happen next.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Freshman Flashpoint Gets His First Winner
- Maker a Triple Threat in AP Classic