Chance Rollins, who ranks second in the jockey standings at Golden Gate Fields' fall meeting, injured his left shoulder in a spill in the first race Sunday and will be sidelined for two to three weeks.
Jockey David Cohen put Proud Tower Too on the lead and hung on in the final strides for an upset victory in the $101,000 On Trust Handicap for California-bred sprinters on Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Leading jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson recorded her second stakes win on the Woodbine season, guiding 12-1 longshot Our Madison to an upset score in Sunday's $162,550 Ontario Lassie Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian breds.
Billy Antongeorgi III is the son of two former riders, but his pedigree wasn't enough to prepare him for his first mount. Somehow, though, he ended up in the winner's circle Sunday afternoon at Hollywood Park aboard Five O'Clock.
Mr. Trieste won his eighth straight race when he pulled away from four rivals to post a four-length win in the $106,000 Zia Park Distance Championship to highlight closing day of the inaugural season Sunday at the Hobbs, N.M. track.
Competing internationally for the first time, 23-year-old Rafael Bejarano rode to a fourth-place finish in the 19th World Super Jockey Series at Hanshin Race Course on Sunday.
Stewards in Texas have suspended jockey Lonnie Meche for a second time after he tested positive for amphetamines Nov. 5 at Sam Houston Race Park.
Mazin Al Kurdi, the Emirates Racing Association's champion trainer in each of the last two seasons, had his licence suspended for four months Dec. 4. Four of his seven winners this season tested positively for the banned substance boldenone, a steroid.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work