Sir Cat, sire of 2005 grade II winners Cativa and Surf Cat, has been sold to stand at Haras Jockey in Chile.
Dr. Gary Wilson, Kentucky's chief racetrack veterinarian, was given a letter Dec. 23 stating his services were no longer needed, according to Mark York, executive director of communications for the state Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
- By Ron Mitchell
A photo by Lynn Roberts that was published on the bloodhorse.com Web site has won the Media Eclipse Award for Photography for 2005, according to an announcement Tuesday.
- By Scott Davis
Manoel Cruz, currently the leading rider at the current Tropical at Calder meet and a top South Florida rider for the past three years, was barred from riding at Calder for the remainder of the meet which ends Jan. 2.
Thoroughbred breeder Kay Bullitt, a former Wimbledon tennis champion, died Friday, Dec. 23, in Louisville, Ky. at age 91
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move