Sir Cat, sire of 2005 grade II winners Cativa and Surf Cat, has been sold to stand at Haras Jockey in Chile.
Dr. Gary Wilson, Kentucky's chief racetrack veterinarian, was given a letter Dec. 23 stating his services were no longer needed, according to Mark York, executive director of communications for the state Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
- By Ron Mitchell
A photo by Lynn Roberts that was published on the bloodhorse.com Web site has won the Media Eclipse Award for Photography for 2005, according to an announcement Tuesday.
- By Scott Davis
Manoel Cruz, currently the leading rider at the current Tropical at Calder meet and a top South Florida rider for the past three years, was barred from riding at Calder for the remainder of the meet which ends Jan. 2.
Thoroughbred breeder Kay Bullitt, a former Wimbledon tennis champion, died Friday, Dec. 23, in Louisville, Ky. at age 91
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker