Sir Cat, sire of 2005 grade II winners Cativa and Surf Cat, has been sold to stand at Haras Jockey in Chile.
Dr. Gary Wilson, Kentucky's chief racetrack veterinarian, was given a letter Dec. 23 stating his services were no longer needed, according to Mark York, executive director of communications for the state Environmental and Public Protection Cabinet, which oversees the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
- By Ron Mitchell
A photo by Lynn Roberts that was published on the bloodhorse.com Web site has won the Media Eclipse Award for Photography for 2005, according to an announcement Tuesday.
- By Scott Davis
Manoel Cruz, currently the leading rider at the current Tropical at Calder meet and a top South Florida rider for the past three years, was barred from riding at Calder for the remainder of the meet which ends Jan. 2.
Thoroughbred breeder Kay Bullitt, a former Wimbledon tennis champion, died Friday, Dec. 23, in Louisville, Ky. at age 91
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Not This Time Works at Churchill Downs
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm