Just days after the Illinois Gaming Board revoked the license of Emerald Casino, one-time rival communities once again are preparing to join a prolonged battle for the lucrative riverboat license.
Greeley's Galaxy, absent since finishing a distant seventh in the Preakness (gr. I) on May 21, returns to the races in the Malibu Stakes (gr. I) Monday at Santa Anita when the track begins an 86-day meeting that runs through April 23.
- By Jack Shinar
A horse owner sued his trainer and a California Horse Racing Board steward for allegedly running his horse against his wishes at Del Mar on Aug. 14.
Woodbine Entertainment Group has reiterated its views on non-racetrack rebate shops by denying International Racing Group access to Woodbine-hosted pools.
Michael Osborne, former manager of North Ridge Farm and a leading figure in International racing and breeding, has died after a short illness at the age of 71.
Mountaineer Race Track & Gaming Resort has increased its on-track catastrophic injury coverage for jockeys from $100,000 to $1 million through Dec. 17, 2006.
Race On Green, a winning son of A.P. Indy, will enter stud at the Funkhouser family's O'Sullivan Farms near Charles Town, W.Va.
A barn at Turfway Park in Northern Kentucky was placed under quarantine Dec. 21 after a horse showed signs of suspected equine herpesvirus, a contagious upper respiratory and neurological disease.
The deal that would settle the 2006 racing schedule in Maryland remained elusive on the night of Dec. 21 when the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association refused to accept the latest proposal from Magna Entertainment Corp.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Strong U.S. Contingent in Golden Shaheen