Breeders of Kentucky-bred horses that win races either in state or anywhere in the United States can begin receiving Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund awards at the close of 2006, according to regulations proposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Barretts has catalogued 586 horses for its 2006 January mixed sale in Southern California.
Midway Road, a multiple graded stakes winner at Keeneland and runner-up in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas, instead of at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Retired rider R.L. "Bobby" Baird, whose career spanned six decades, died Dec.16. He was 85.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic