Breeders of Kentucky-bred horses that win races either in state or anywhere in the United States can begin receiving Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund awards at the close of 2006, according to regulations proposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Barretts has catalogued 586 horses for its 2006 January mixed sale in Southern California.
Midway Road, a multiple graded stakes winner at Keeneland and runner-up in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas, instead of at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Retired rider R.L. "Bobby" Baird, whose career spanned six decades, died Dec.16. He was 85.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Trainer Van Winkle Earns 1,000th Career Win
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar
- Secretariat Photo Album
- New Withholding, Reporting Rules Near Enactment