Breeders of Kentucky-bred horses that win races either in state or anywhere in the United States can begin receiving Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund awards at the close of 2006, according to regulations proposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Barretts has catalogued 586 horses for its 2006 January mixed sale in Southern California.
Midway Road, a multiple graded stakes winner at Keeneland and runner-up in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas, instead of at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Retired rider R.L. "Bobby" Baird, whose career spanned six decades, died Dec.16. He was 85.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York