Breeders of Kentucky-bred horses that win races either in state or anywhere in the United States can begin receiving Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund awards at the close of 2006, according to regulations proposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Barretts has catalogued 586 horses for its 2006 January mixed sale in Southern California.
Midway Road, a multiple graded stakes winner at Keeneland and runner-up in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas, instead of at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Retired rider R.L. "Bobby" Baird, whose career spanned six decades, died Dec.16. He was 85.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat