Breeders of Kentucky-bred horses that win races either in state or anywhere in the United States can begin receiving Kentucky Thoroughbred Breeders' Incentive Fund awards at the close of 2006, according to regulations proposed by the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority.
Barretts has catalogued 586 horses for its 2006 January mixed sale in Southern California.
Midway Road, a multiple graded stakes winner at Keeneland and runner-up in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), will stand at William S. Farish's Lane's End Texas near Hempstead, Texas, instead of at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Retired rider R.L. "Bobby" Baird, whose career spanned six decades, died Dec.16. He was 85.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Christophe Clement
Owner: Speedway Stable LLC
Jockey: John R. Velazquez