The circumstances surrounding where dual classic winner Afleet Alex would stand at stud began the week after Thanksgiving and moved quickly, culminating in Sunday's announcement that the colt would go to Gainesway Farm near Lexington, Ky.
Millionaire Volponi has been purchased by the Korean Racing Association and will be relocated to the Jeju Stud and Training Farm.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
- By James Platz
A "zero tolerance" policy in Indiana led to seven horses testing positive for cocaine during the waning weeks of Hoosier Park's recently concluded Thoroughbred meet.
Churchill Downs Inc. announced Monday that T. Kevin Flanery has been appointed to the position of vice president of national public affairs.
Business slumped at the Fasig-Tipton Texas December mixed sale Sunday at Lone Star Park.
The 16th annual charity stallion season and art auction conducted by Thoroughbred Charities of America and the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association on Dec. 3 at CandyLand Farm in Delaware and audiocast to Cross Gate Gallery in Lexington, Ky. raised $1.9 million.
Jockey Emma-Jayne Wilson put an exclamation point on her 2005 riding title with four wins on the final card of Woodbine's 167-day, eight-month Thoroughbred meet on Sunday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop