Hoosier Park concluded its 11th season of Thoroughbred racing Friday, Nov. 25, with a 30.8% increase in total wagering.
Dual stakes-winning 4-year-old Ruby Rocket topped Monday's first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale when selling for 340,000 guineas to BBA Ireland agent Adrian Nicoll.
Kiridashi, a Canadian classic winner who ranks 11th on this year's Canadian sires list, has been relocated to Al and Bunny Noren's farm near Wanham, Alberta, Canada.
Purge, who won the Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) in his farewell race, will begin his stallion career for a fee of $20,000 at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington, Ky.
Purge, who won the Nov. 26 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct, isn't the only one from the race headed off to stud. Mass Media, the runner-up, and another contestant, Value Plus, also have been retired.
Pampered Princess and Stellar Jayne, both grade I winners, have been retired from racing to become broodmares.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- 139 Cataloged for Texas Yearling and Mixed Sale
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Historical Gains in Kentucky
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale