Hoosier Park concluded its 11th season of Thoroughbred racing Friday, Nov. 25, with a 30.8% increase in total wagering.
Dual stakes-winning 4-year-old Ruby Rocket topped Monday's first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale when selling for 340,000 guineas to BBA Ireland agent Adrian Nicoll.
Kiridashi, a Canadian classic winner who ranks 11th on this year's Canadian sires list, has been relocated to Al and Bunny Noren's farm near Wanham, Alberta, Canada.
Purge, who won the Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) in his farewell race, will begin his stallion career for a fee of $20,000 at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington, Ky.
Purge, who won the Nov. 26 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct, isn't the only one from the race headed off to stud. Mass Media, the runner-up, and another contestant, Value Plus, also have been retired.
Pampered Princess and Stellar Jayne, both grade I winners, have been retired from racing to become broodmares.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins