Hoosier Park concluded its 11th season of Thoroughbred racing Friday, Nov. 25, with a 30.8% increase in total wagering.
Dual stakes-winning 4-year-old Ruby Rocket topped Monday's first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale when selling for 340,000 guineas to BBA Ireland agent Adrian Nicoll.
Kiridashi, a Canadian classic winner who ranks 11th on this year's Canadian sires list, has been relocated to Al and Bunny Noren's farm near Wanham, Alberta, Canada.
Purge, who won the Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) in his farewell race, will begin his stallion career for a fee of $20,000 at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington, Ky.
Purge, who won the Nov. 26 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct, isn't the only one from the race headed off to stud. Mass Media, the runner-up, and another contestant, Value Plus, also have been retired.
Pampered Princess and Stellar Jayne, both grade I winners, have been retired from racing to become broodmares.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short