Hoosier Park concluded its 11th season of Thoroughbred racing Friday, Nov. 25, with a 30.8% increase in total wagering.
Dual stakes-winning 4-year-old Ruby Rocket topped Monday's first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale when selling for 340,000 guineas to BBA Ireland agent Adrian Nicoll.
Kiridashi, a Canadian classic winner who ranks 11th on this year's Canadian sires list, has been relocated to Al and Bunny Noren's farm near Wanham, Alberta, Canada.
Purge, who won the Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) in his farewell race, will begin his stallion career for a fee of $20,000 at Dr. Tom Simon's Vinery near Lexington, Ky.
Purge, who won the Nov. 26 Hill 'n' Dale Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) at Aqueduct, isn't the only one from the race headed off to stud. Mass Media, the runner-up, and another contestant, Value Plus, also have been retired.
Pampered Princess and Stellar Jayne, both grade I winners, have been retired from racing to become broodmares.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Recalling World's Most Lucrative Races