The eighth day of trading at Keeneland's November breeding stock sale ended Monday evening with the Lexington auction house gaining slightly in most categories when compared to the same session last year. Up were the gross, average, and number of horses sold, with only a dip in the median keeping gains from reaching across the board.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs Farm has formulated two breeders incentive programs for the 2006 season.
Grade I winner K One King has been purchased privately by Daniel Thomas and Steve Crowe from Gainesway Farm (Antony Beck, president) for stallion duty at Thomas Farm near Sarepta, La.
- By Ron Mitchell
The Kentucky Horse Racing Authority on Nov. 14 gave unanimous approval to revised medication rules that had been the subject of controversy when implemented under an emergency order signed in August by Gov. Ernie Fletcher.
Kentucky-based Taylor Made Sales Agency has improved on its world record for gross generated by a consignor during a single public auction.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?