Fasig-Tipton has changed the date for its Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training to April 5. The auction originally was scheduled for March 29, the Tuesday following the Easter holiday.
With a forecast for below-freezing temperatures and a wind chill factor in the single digits, Turfway Park has canceled its live racing program for the evening of Jan. 27.
NBC Sports will present live coverage of the third annual Sunshine Millions on Saturday at 4 p.m. ET.
Aqueduct abandoned its Jan. 27 racing program after the daily double as temperatures stalled in the teens and vicious winds made conditions on the racetrack unbearable.
Barretts has catalogued 202 horses for its March select sale of 2-year-olds in training.
The first foal sired by grade I winner D'wildcat is a filly born Jan. 19 at Gardiner Farms near Caledon East, Ontario, Canada.
Dress To Thrill, Moyglare Stud Farm's grade/group winner produced her first foal, a Sadler's Wells filly, Jan. 26 at the Irish-based farm.
In his first workout since being injured while winning the Remsen Stakes (gr. II) last year, Rick Porter's Rockport Harbor breezed an easy five furlongs in 1:02 at Oaklawn Park Wednesday.
Two proposals calling for pull-tab machines at Hoosier Park and Indiana Downs received their first hearing Jan. 26, but after three hours of debate in the House Public Policy and Veterans Affairs Committee, one thing was clear: Legislation to authorize the machines could meet an early fate.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses