Hall of Fame jockey Russell Baze won four races Saturday at Golden Gate Fields to surpass legendary Bill Shoemaker's career total with a big assist from the dam Shes Got the Facts.
Jay Em Ess Stable's Declan's Moon, the leading candidate to collect an Eclipse Award as the country's top juvenile of 2004 on Monday, worked a half-mile in a bullet :48 1/5 over Hollywood Park's fast main track.
Crafty rider Felipe Martinez milked an easy lead with Irish-bred Whilly and had just enough left to hold off Puppeteer in the $150,000 San Marcos Handicap (gr. IIT) at 1 1/4 miles on the Santa Anita Park turf Saturday.
Favored Savorthetime surged past the pacesetting Cologny at the sixteenth pole and pulled away for a 2 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 First Lady Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
Sunshine Millions Vinery Farms Sprint defending champion Shake You Down worked up a sweat while breezing five furlongs Saturday at Gulfstream Park in his last major move before flying to California for the Jan. 29 renewal. Trainer Scott Lake says the gelding did just what he needed to do.
Many racetracks in the Midwest and on the East Coast cancelled live racing Saturday due to a massive winter storm moving through those parts of the country.
Chilean group I turf winner Mister Acpen returned to training at Santa Anita earlier this month after more than a year long odyssey stemming from his contraction of a rare disease that was discovered upon his return to the United States from Hong Kong, trainer Kristin Mulhall revealed.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses