Hoosier Park kicked off its 10th Thoroughbred meet over the Labor Day weekend with strong overall attendance but soft handle figures.
Evangeline Downs reported a gain in total handle but expected decreases in on-track business given the fact live racing and its slot-machine operation weren't located at the same site during its 2004 meet that ended Sept. 6.
New Zealand Bloodstock has announced its plans to conduct four extra auction sales a year in response to owners and breeders expressing interest in having more opportunities to buy and sell mixed bloodstock.
Germany's premier yearling sale, which took place on Saturday at Baden-Baden, saw sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price, helped by presence of John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return