Hoosier Park kicked off its 10th Thoroughbred meet over the Labor Day weekend with strong overall attendance but soft handle figures.
Evangeline Downs reported a gain in total handle but expected decreases in on-track business given the fact live racing and its slot-machine operation weren't located at the same site during its 2004 meet that ended Sept. 6.
New Zealand Bloodstock has announced its plans to conduct four extra auction sales a year in response to owners and breeders expressing interest in having more opportunities to buy and sell mixed bloodstock.
Germany's premier yearling sale, which took place on Saturday at Baden-Baden, saw sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price, helped by presence of John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass