Hoosier Park kicked off its 10th Thoroughbred meet over the Labor Day weekend with strong overall attendance but soft handle figures.
Evangeline Downs reported a gain in total handle but expected decreases in on-track business given the fact live racing and its slot-machine operation weren't located at the same site during its 2004 meet that ended Sept. 6.
New Zealand Bloodstock has announced its plans to conduct four extra auction sales a year in response to owners and breeders expressing interest in having more opportunities to buy and sell mixed bloodstock.
Germany's premier yearling sale, which took place on Saturday at Baden-Baden, saw sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price, helped by presence of John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse