Hoosier Park kicked off its 10th Thoroughbred meet over the Labor Day weekend with strong overall attendance but soft handle figures.
Evangeline Downs reported a gain in total handle but expected decreases in on-track business given the fact live racing and its slot-machine operation weren't located at the same site during its 2004 meet that ended Sept. 6.
New Zealand Bloodstock has announced its plans to conduct four extra auction sales a year in response to owners and breeders expressing interest in having more opportunities to buy and sell mixed bloodstock.
Germany's premier yearling sale, which took place on Saturday at Baden-Baden, saw sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price, helped by presence of John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Ireland and the Thoroughbred
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- First Winner for Adios Charlie
- Boden Takes on Key Positions at Calumet Farm
- Cavorting Drops a Level to Prioress
- Former Derby Museum Resident Au Moon Dies
- Pinnacle Peak Ships to Monmouth for Sapling
- KY Downs Horsemen Can Pledge to TCA
- Gulfstream Championship Meet Schedule Set
- AQHA President Blodgett Elected to AHC Board
Most Popular Profiles
Trainer: Richard E. Mandella
Owner: Spendthrift Farm LLC
Jockey: Gary L. Stevens
Trainer: J. Keith Desormeaux
Owner: Brehm, Erich, Detmar, Wayne, Michaels, Lee, Desormeaux, J. Keith et al.
Jockey: Kent J. Desormeaux
Trainer: Steven M. Asmussen
Owner: Stonestreet Stables, McCormick, Harold
Jockey: Calvin H. Borel
Trainer: Claude R. McGaughey III
Owner: Lane's End Racing and Dell Ridge Farm LLC
Jockey: Javier Castellano
Trainer: Art Sherman
Owner: Coburn, Steven and Martin, Perry
Jockey: Victor Espinoza
Trainer: Bob Baffert
Owner: Zayat Stables, LLC, Moreno, Mike and Moreno, Tiffany
Jockey: Mike E. Smith