Hoosier Park kicked off its 10th Thoroughbred meet over the Labor Day weekend with strong overall attendance but soft handle figures.
Evangeline Downs reported a gain in total handle but expected decreases in on-track business given the fact live racing and its slot-machine operation weren't located at the same site during its 2004 meet that ended Sept. 6.
New Zealand Bloodstock has announced its plans to conduct four extra auction sales a year in response to owners and breeders expressing interest in having more opportunities to buy and sell mixed bloodstock.
Germany's premier yearling sale, which took place on Saturday at Baden-Baden, saw sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price, helped by presence of John Ferguson, Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen