Front-running Star Over the Bay held off a determined charge from veteran multiple graded stake winner Sarafan for a neck victory in the $250,000 Del Mar Handicap (gr. IIT) on the grass Sunday.
Freedom Acres Inc. kept it all in the family in the $100,000 Jersey Breeders' Turf Highweight at Monmouth Park on Sunday, with their American Freedom beating his younger brother Freedom's Honor by a half-length before the New Jersey Thoroughbred Festival Day crowd of 14,066.
Northern California Fair racing is now featured on Horse Racing TV, including coverage and a replay show, the California Authority of Racing Fairs announced.
Squire Brown, a Kentucky-bred 2-year-old gelding foaled in August of 2002 finished far back Friday in his second career start at Arlington Park, two years and one week after his actual foaling date.
Ocean Drive, hoping to bounce back from a distant third-place showing in the Diana Handicap (gr. IT), is entered against nine others in the $200,000 Ballston Spa Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) Monday at Saratoga Race Course.
A fast-approaching thunderstorm Saturday evening near Saratoga Springs that caused the Travers (gr. I) starting time to be moved up five minutes cost the New York Racing Association $5 million in total wagering, an official estimated.
Lion Heart, the 5-2 favorite who set the early pace before finishing last in Saturday's $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I), fractured a bone in his right front foot during the race and has been retired.
Millionaire Stephen Got Even's first winner, Didycheatamandhowe, won Aug. 28 at Woodbine in her first start.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Can Frosted Cool Down Chrome-Arrogate Fever?
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season
- Consistent Just Jack Set for Maryland Million
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill