Sulamani, who had fallen from his perch as Godolphin's number one this year, regained a considerable amount of his luster Tuesday when he passed Norse Dancer with 120 yards to go and went on to win the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) at York.
Prairie Meadows Thoroughbred trainer Dick Clark claimed his 1,000th win on Aug. 17, highlighting a career that began 35 years ago in Nebraska.
Legislation allowing California Thoroughbred or fair associations to distribute signals from Canada, Australia and Canada and accept wagering from facilities across the state was signed Aug. 17 by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
With three victories in three starts, and a combined winning margin of 28 1/2 lengths, Afleet Alex heads into Saturday's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) with great promise.
The average price at Del Mar's yearling sale, $48,589, jumped a dramatic 40.8% over last year's figure and set a sale record Monday evening.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz