Sulamani, who had fallen from his perch as Godolphin's number one this year, regained a considerable amount of his luster Tuesday when he passed Norse Dancer with 120 yards to go and went on to win the Juddmonte International (Eng-I) at York.
Prairie Meadows Thoroughbred trainer Dick Clark claimed his 1,000th win on Aug. 17, highlighting a career that began 35 years ago in Nebraska.
Legislation allowing California Thoroughbred or fair associations to distribute signals from Canada, Australia and Canada and accept wagering from facilities across the state was signed Aug. 17 by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
With three victories in three starts, and a combined winning margin of 28 1/2 lengths, Afleet Alex heads into Saturday's Hopeful Stakes (gr. I) with great promise.
The average price at Del Mar's yearling sale, $48,589, jumped a dramatic 40.8% over last year's figure and set a sale record Monday evening.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator