Thunder Gulch and Honour and Glory, both of whom stand at Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky., and Virginia stallion Housebuster will shuttle to Argentina
The search for an executive director, jockey helmet issues are keeping members of the Kentucky Horse Racing Authority very busy.
The New York State Racing and Wagering Board has disciplined a trainer, assistant trainer, and veterinarian for two tranquilizers found in the system of Vagabond Saint following a second-place finish in the second race at Aqueduct April 14.
It has been almost 10 years since live racing was held at Bandera Downs, but the racetrack has acquired new owners.
- By Victor Ryan
A bankruptcy auction for Fair Grounds has been tentatively set for Aug. 16, pending approval of an amended bankruptcy plan that was scheduled to be filed by the New Orleans, La., racetrack June 23.
After talking to owner Roy Chapman Monday morning, trainer John Servis has mapped out a tentative plan for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones that includes the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), Pegasus Handicap (gr. III), and finally the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Newmarket, one of Great Britain's premier racecourses, has been forced to abandon plans, at least for a year, for the construction of an all-weather (dirt) track after it was offered only three fixtures for 2005 by the British Horseracing Board's Fixture Allocation Group.
Royal Ascot 2004 will above all be remembered for Attraction's latest thrilling front-running performance and the tremendous form of the Godolphin/Saeed bin Suroor/Frankie Dettori team.
Funny Cide gave his all, but he could not hold off the stalking Offlee Wild in a tremendous three-way stretch duel in the $500,000 Massachusetts Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Suffolk Downs.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks