Two-time leading trainer Hamilton Smith became the second trainer in Colonial Downs history to reach the $1-million mark in purse earnings when his charge Mittens won the $14,000 third race June 14.
Big House Red, a colt by Stormy Atlantic consigned by Tony Bowling and Bobby Dodd, zipped a quarter-mile in :21 flat as the fastest work at the distance at Sundays second and final session of the "Under Tack Show" for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- CHRB Allows Miyadi to Continue Training
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes