Two-time leading trainer Hamilton Smith became the second trainer in Colonial Downs history to reach the $1-million mark in purse earnings when his charge Mittens won the $14,000 third race June 14.
Big House Red, a colt by Stormy Atlantic consigned by Tony Bowling and Bobby Dodd, zipped a quarter-mile in :21 flat as the fastest work at the distance at Sundays second and final session of the "Under Tack Show" for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack