Two-time leading trainer Hamilton Smith became the second trainer in Colonial Downs history to reach the $1-million mark in purse earnings when his charge Mittens won the $14,000 third race June 14.
Big House Red, a colt by Stormy Atlantic consigned by Tony Bowling and Bobby Dodd, zipped a quarter-mile in :21 flat as the fastest work at the distance at Sundays second and final session of the "Under Tack Show" for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended