Two-time leading trainer Hamilton Smith became the second trainer in Colonial Downs history to reach the $1-million mark in purse earnings when his charge Mittens won the $14,000 third race June 14.
Big House Red, a colt by Stormy Atlantic consigned by Tony Bowling and Bobby Dodd, zipped a quarter-mile in :21 flat as the fastest work at the distance at Sundays second and final session of the "Under Tack Show" for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's 2004 June Sale of 2-Year-Olds in Training and Horses of Racing Age.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Champion Tepin Works at Churchill Downs
- Tourist, Celestine Work at Keeneland
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- War Front's Mosler to Country Life Farm