Someday Farm's Smarty Jones, winner of the 130th Kentucky Derby (gr. I), is scheduled to head home to Philadelphia Park on Tuesday.
The Kentucky Equine Education Alliance on May 5 will officially launch a grassroots effort to educate the public on the importance of the $4-billion horse industry to the state's economy.
It's not the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), but handicappers will have the opportunity for plenty of action May 5 when Churchill Downs continues its spring meet with a pick six carryover of $268,246.
New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. set records for handle on the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and overall amount wagered on a single day.
Dogwood Stable's Limehouse, fourth in the May 1 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), isn't likely to compete in the May 15 Preakness Stakes (gr. ) after all, Dogwood president Cot Campbell said May 3.
European champion Giant's Causeway was represented by his first winner when his daughter Aischa won May 1 at five furlongs in Rome.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite