Everest Stables' Mambo Train swept past 1-2 favorite Perfect Moon and pacesetter Bradford and pulled away in the stretch to register a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds.
Irish Warrior, under a well-timed ride from Emile Ramsammy, nipped Black Bart by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Turf Paradise Breeders' Cup Handicap at 1 1/16 mile on the turf.
Jockey Corey Lanerie won two races on Saturday's card at Fair Grounds to reach 2,000 wins in his 13-year riding career.
Handpainted made a triumphant comeback Saturday, winning the $60,000 Pan Zareta Handicap at Fair Grounds.
Michael Gill's White Mountain Boy won a three way thriller in the $75,000 Goss L. Stryker Stakes for Maryland-bred sophomores Saturday at Laurel Park.
Vincent Papandrea's Little Matth Man, last most of the way, gobbled up the muddy inner dirt track at Aqueduct on Saturday afternoon, and rallied for an upset victory in the $82,875 Whirlaway for 3-year-olds at a mile and a sixteenth.
Golden Gate Fields will reduce overnight purses by 3.8% beginning Feb. 11 due to total handle falling short of expectations, track officials announced Friday.
Frankie Dettori, Saeed bin Suroor and Godolphin opened their account for the season when Catstar made virtually all the running to win the UAE 1,000 Guineas, a mile conditions race on the dirt.
Bad weather forced the cancellation of live racing cards at Philadelphia Park, Beulah Park and Charles Town Races Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Stahlbaum Wins Avelino Gomez Award
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York