Everest Stables' Mambo Train swept past 1-2 favorite Perfect Moon and pacesetter Bradford and pulled away in the stretch to register a 2 1/2-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Turf Paradise Derby for 3-year-olds.
Irish Warrior, under a well-timed ride from Emile Ramsammy, nipped Black Bart by a head in Saturday's $150,000 Turf Paradise Breeders' Cup Handicap at 1 1/16 mile on the turf.
Jockey Corey Lanerie won two races on Saturday's card at Fair Grounds to reach 2,000 wins in his 13-year riding career.
Handpainted made a triumphant comeback Saturday, winning the $60,000 Pan Zareta Handicap at Fair Grounds.
Michael Gill's White Mountain Boy won a three way thriller in the $75,000 Goss L. Stryker Stakes for Maryland-bred sophomores Saturday at Laurel Park.
Vincent Papandrea's Little Matth Man, last most of the way, gobbled up the muddy inner dirt track at Aqueduct on Saturday afternoon, and rallied for an upset victory in the $82,875 Whirlaway for 3-year-olds at a mile and a sixteenth.
Golden Gate Fields will reduce overnight purses by 3.8% beginning Feb. 11 due to total handle falling short of expectations, track officials announced Friday.
Frankie Dettori, Saeed bin Suroor and Godolphin opened their account for the season when Catstar made virtually all the running to win the UAE 1,000 Guineas, a mile conditions race on the dirt.
Bad weather forced the cancellation of live racing cards at Philadelphia Park, Beulah Park and Charles Town Races Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year