Blitey, a homebred graded stakes winner and stakes producer for the late Ogden Phipps, was euthanized Nov. 26 at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of old age.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Jockeys' Guild began its annual meeting Dec. 6 with a call for solidarity -- even in the face of the dismissal of member Eddie King, who had sued the organization -- and a call for members not to talk to the press.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale ended its two-day run Monday in Maryland with sharp increases in gross revenue, average price, and median price.
- By Tom LaMarra
Former jockeys associated with the Disabled Jockeys' Fund, which will be terminated at the end of the year, on Dec. 6 said they're comfortable with a plan by the Jockeys' Guild to make payments to disabled riders from the Guild's primary account.
Zippy Chippy, the 13-year-old gelding whose winless career in 100 starts has been well-publicized, apparently has been retired by owner-trainer Felix Monserrate.
The Dec. 5 open forum discussion of pre-purchase exams at sales at the American Association of Equine Practitioners convention in Denver covered several topics critical to consignors, buyers, and veterinarians.
Gayle Fogelson's San Clemente Stakes (gr. IIT) winner Sweet Win has been retired after suffering a tendon injury during a morning workout, trainer Jeff Mullins said.
ReRun, Inc., the national Thoroughbred adoption program founded by Shon Wylie and Lori Neagle, will relocate its national headquarters from Kentucky to New Jersey, effective in January.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake