Magna Entertainment Corp. president Jim McAlpine said the company is ready for change and part of that change includes forming more partnerships with other industry players to propel horseracing into the winner's circle.
Trainer John Shirreffs aims for his fourth Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) winner in seven years Sunday at Hollywood Park when he saddles Hollywood Story in the $150,000 race for fillies and mares.
Two-year-old filly Aclassysassylassy has shown her ability on the dirt, dominating her Florida rivals. She'll make her turf course debut Sunday at Calder Race Course in a field of 10 entered in the $50,000 Georgia Debutante overnight stakes at 1 1/16 miles.
The Jockey Club of Canada announced Dec. 10 the three finalists in the divisional categories of the 30th annual Sovereign Awards, Canadian Thoroughbred racing's year-end honors.
D. G. Van Clief Jr., commissioner of the National Thoroughbred Association, said the NTRA will move forward with three goals: to make racing a Top 10 sport in America, grow handle to specific target levels, and to act as a convening authority.
Churchill Downs announced that Robert Gallow, director of operations for the National Hockey League's Dallas Stars Hockey Club and its Dr Pepper StarCenters, is facility manager of the Louisville, Ky. racetrack.
Cat Dreams, a Storm Cat colt who captured his only start, will enter stud at Pepper Oaks Farm near Santa Ynez, Calif.
Fusaichi Samurai, whose purchase by Fusao Sekiguchi for $4.5 million earlier this year set a record for a juvenile sold at public auction, is scheduled to make his first career start Saturday in the fourth race at Hollywood Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes