It may have lacked a seven-figure lot, but Tuesday's second breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale at Newmarket, England saw a fantastic trade resulting in figures that just fell short of the same day 12 months ago.
Yes, it's only December, but what better way to fill the gap between the turkey and the tinsel than to start talking Kentucky Derby (gr. I). Before discussing the Derby hopefuls gathering all over the country, it must be pointed out that next year's road to Louisville will be unlike anything we've ever seen, and there is no doubt that the times are indeed changing.
Millionaire Littlebitlively has arrived for stallion duty at Circle H Farms near Abbeville, La.
Gallopalooza, the city of Louisville's public art project, featuring decorated fiberglass horse statues, raised $800,000 for regional charities and city beautification.
John T.L. Jones III, managing director of Walmac Stud Management of Lexington, Ky. announced that Steve Sharp has been named director of marketing.
Redattore, a millionaire and grade I California winner, will stand the 2005 breeding season at John C. Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif.
The Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner and two other Eclipse Award candidates are among 113 early nominees for the 93rd running of the Louisiana Derby (gr. II) March 12 at Fair Grounds.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm