When you're hot, you're hot, and Frank Stronach knows that as well as anyone. Two days after his stallion Awesome Again was represented by two Breeders' Cup winners, Stronach announced that Awesome Again's fee was raised to $125,000.
- By Tom LaMarra
Racing interests in Ohio continued to negotiate Nov. 1 to seal the deal on a 2005 live racing schedule that would reduce dates for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing by more than 10%. But time was running out.
The first-ever national Breeders' Cup Ultra Pick 6 "Players' Pool" introduced by AmericaTab produced five winning tickets that paid a total of $280,748.
Ray Lagemann, a well-known racing figure on the racetracks throughout the Midwest, died over the weekend at his Cincinnati home after a long-term illness brought on by diabetes.
Bold Truth, who was grade II stakes-placed at Saratoga, has arrived at Douglas Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Canadian Frontier, a graded stakes-winning sprinter this year, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Brereton C. Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Owner Frank Stronach said Sunday that Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) winner Ghostzapper will remain in training next year, with a campaign aimed at defending the title in the race he won Saturday at Lone Star Park.
The Barretts mixed sale held Oct. 25-26 at the Hinds Pavilion at Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif., showed sharp declines over the same sale a year ago despite the dispersal of seven horses of racing age from the partnership of Noctis Stable, Neil Papiano and Steve Taub. Only one horse, stakes-winner Cheiron, sold for more than $100,000 when the hammer fell at $165,000 for the 3-year-old.
For the first time in Australian selling history, Inglis Sales Co. joined with the Moonee Valley Racing Club and staged a Ready-to-Run Sale in the Australian spring.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star