Seven-year-old Irish Ways, whose dam is a half-sister to Danehill's dam, will enter stud at Mira Loma Thoroughbred Farms near Mira Loma, Calif.
Fans who attend the races at Santa Anita Park can now have their thoughts and ideas, as well as complaints and suggestions, heard by members of the racetrack's management team thanks to a new "Fan's Feedback Forum" held every Sunday at noon in the track's East Paddock Gardens immediately following handicapping seminars.
- By Tom Keyser
Erwin Mendelson has resigned as a member of Maryland Racing Commission, saying he was fed up with the rancor and disgusted by the continuing fighting between racing's factions.
Although millionaire Skimming's first foal, a colt, was just born Jan. 7, he had actually taken a spin around the track last year.
Adena Springs, with earnings of $11,550,052, heads the list of leading individual breeders in North America in 2003, according to statistics released Monday by The Jockey Club Information Systems, Inc.
La Galerie, a champion in Argentina, brought $800,000 Monday as the Keeneland January mixed sale's opening session approached the midway point.
Forever Partners, winner of the 2002 Colleen Stakes, sold for $410,000 Monday during the first few hours of the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale in Lexington.
Betty Mabee of Golden Eagle Farm was one of the most active buyers Monday as the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale opened in Lexington.
Hawk Wing, winner of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) by 11 lengths, topped the International Classifications for horses that raced in Europe and the U. S. in 2003.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training