Mister Acpen was able to control the pace under jockey Roberto Gonzalez and surprised 3-2 favorite Fateful Dream and grass course specialist Ninebanks with an easy gate-to-wire triumph in Saturday's $142,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
A pair of stakes records were set during Arlington Park's closing-day card Saturday, with victories by juvenile Cactus Ridge in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity and by juvenile filly Zosima in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (both gr. III).
Waterville Lake Stable's Derrianne made her first start in the U.S. a winning one, confidently stalking the pacesetters and then charging to victory in the $147,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Crafty Shaw returned to the winner's circle after eight straight defeats, turning in a fine repeat performance in the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Two Charity Events Scheduled for Saratoga
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- PA Report Shows Impact of Slots on Purses
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural