Mister Acpen was able to control the pace under jockey Roberto Gonzalez and surprised 3-2 favorite Fateful Dream and grass course specialist Ninebanks with an easy gate-to-wire triumph in Saturday's $142,500 Bay Meadows Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
A pair of stakes records were set during Arlington Park's closing-day card Saturday, with victories by juvenile Cactus Ridge in the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity and by juvenile filly Zosima in the $100,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (both gr. III).
Waterville Lake Stable's Derrianne made her first start in the U.S. a winning one, confidently stalking the pacesetters and then charging to victory in the $147,000 Martha Washington Breeders' Cup (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Pimlico.
Crafty Shaw returned to the winner's circle after eight straight defeats, turning in a fine repeat performance in the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) Saturday.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- First Black-type Winner for Freshman Havana Gold
- Hong Kong Champion Able Friend Retired
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park