Gary Stevens, Hall of Fame jockey and star of the hit movie 'Seabiscuit,' will not be aboard Numerous Times for the Atto Mile (Can-I) Sunday at Woodbine.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, who has not run since finishing a well-beaten third in the Haskell Invitational (gr. I), had his first work since that race, breezing a half Friday morning in :48 1/5.
Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner Ten Most Wanted was put through his final pre-Super Derby (gr. II) drill on Friday at Hollywood Park, logging five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 handily over a fast main track. The move was easily the fastest of the 17 clocked at five-eighths on the day.
La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Singletary will head to the sidelines for the remainder of the year following the bay son of Sultry Song's fifth-place finish in the Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) on Sept. 6, trainer Don Chatlos Jr. said .
Barretts Equine Limited has reached an agreement with Live Global Bid to offer online interactive bidding for Barretts' fall mixed sale on October 27 and 28 and Barretts' winter mixed sale, scheduled for Jan. 20 and 21 of 2004 in Southern California.
A field of eight 2-year-old fillies, including a trio from the Todd Pletcher barn, will contest the $200,000 Matron (gr. I) Sunday at Belmont Park over one mile.
Trainer Todd Pletcher seeks to continue his winning ways with 2-year-olds when he saddles Value Plus in Sunday's $200,000 Futurity (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Abdullah Buhaleeba's Lucky Story solidified his status as the early favorite for next year's Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) when he gamely held off Auditorium to win Friday's Champagne Stakes (Eng-II) at England's Doncaster Racecourse.
Stakes winner Claudius will be relocated to Johnnie Nall's Lucky Six Ranch near Sunland Park in New Mexico, where he will stand for $3,500.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa