Peinture Rose, a 3-year-old half-sister to Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) winner and Coolmore sire Peintre Celebre, topped the first breeding stock session of the Tattersalls December Sale in Newmarket yesterday when selling for 1-million guineas to French agent Frederic Sauque.
Wintergreen Stallion Station announced that grade II winner Century City, who ran third in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in what was his last start, has been retired and will enter stud for a fee of $12,500 live foal.
International star Ipi Tombe, whom many thought would be bred to Storm Cat next year, instead will be bred to Sadler's Wells at Coolmore Stud in Ireland.
EquineCommerce.com, which had expected to start its bid/ask system of selling bloodstock today, instead hopes to launch on Dec. 8.
Voters in Romulus, Mich., will decide Dec. 2 whether to allow for gambling establishments, one of which is a multi-breed racetrack proposed by Magna Entertainment Corp.
Management at Hollywood Park announced Monday there will be an 8% purse reduction at the Autumn meet that is currently underway.
A paddock blanket worn by Seabiscuit, the Depression-era racehorse who inspired a best-selling book by Laura Hillenbrand and a successful motion picture, is being auctioned by MastroNet, a Chicago auction company.
The British government, in a surprise move, has limited the extension of the Tote's current pool betting monopoly to seven years from when the betting organization is bought by a racing trust next year.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly