Susan Bala, founder and owner of Racing Services Inc. in North Dakota, has been removed from the company's day-to-day operations at the request of state attorney general Wayne Stenehjem.
William S. Farish's Casual Look, winner of the classic Vodaphone Epsom Oaks (Eng-I) in 2003, has been retired from racing and is scheduled to join the broodmare band at Farish's Lane's End Farm in Versailles, Ky.
- By Tom LaMarra
Republicans have expressed dismay with Gov. Paul Patton's reappointment of eight members and appointment of three new ones to the Kentucky Racing Commission in the final month of his term, and they have called on the commissioners to resign. All but one of the terms expired, some several years ago.
A compromise proposal to put the issue of racetrack video lottery terminals before voters has been offered in the Ohio Senate, though it must pass the General Assembly by Dec. 3 if it is to make the ballot.
John Tyree "J.T." Denton, who partnered with the late George Swinebroad to operate one of the leading Lexington, Ky. equine auction companies for more than 40 years, died Saturday at age 92.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6
- The Week in Photos 6/27/2017
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby