The Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale began Monday, with the gross down 40.4% and the average dropping 30.6%. The only increases were in the median price, which was up by $5,000 from last year's comparable session, and the number of horses not sold.
Gulfstream Park reportedly has requested a racing schedule for 2003-2004 that would overlap with the dates historically raced in South Florida by Calder Racecourse.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner and early Kentucky Derby favorite Vindication worked for the first time as a sophomore Monday, logging a half-mile in :48 2/5, handily, over Santa Anita's fast main track. Exercise rider Dana Barnes was in the irons for the move, which was listed as the 22nd fastest of the 46 who worked at the distance.
Graded stakes winner Deep Gold will enter stud at Dr. Truman Smith's Mesa Vista Stud near Raton, N.M.
Max's Pal, a multiple stakes winner who earned $728,896, has arrived for stallion duty at Roy Lerman's Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell