The Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale began Monday, with the gross down 40.4% and the average dropping 30.6%. The only increases were in the median price, which was up by $5,000 from last year's comparable session, and the number of horses not sold.
Gulfstream Park reportedly has requested a racing schedule for 2003-2004 that would overlap with the dates historically raced in South Florida by Calder Racecourse.
Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner and early Kentucky Derby favorite Vindication worked for the first time as a sophomore Monday, logging a half-mile in :48 2/5, handily, over Santa Anita's fast main track. Exercise rider Dana Barnes was in the irons for the move, which was listed as the 22nd fastest of the 46 who worked at the distance.
Graded stakes winner Deep Gold will enter stud at Dr. Truman Smith's Mesa Vista Stud near Raton, N.M.
Max's Pal, a multiple stakes winner who earned $728,896, has arrived for stallion duty at Roy Lerman's Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial