Be My Guest, who led the English/Irish sire list in 1982, has been pensioned at age of 29
Arlington Park will return to its traditional May opening for the 2003 season after conducting a June through October season for the past two years. The 2003 schedule includes 29 stakes worth more than $5.5 million in purses during its 104 days of racing from May 9 to Sept. 27.
The purse for the 2003 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap will be increased to $400,000 from $75,000 as Hollywood Park will feature a Los Angeles Times-themed program May 10 in conjunction with the first annual L.A. Times Sports Workshop for aspiring sports journalists.
The respective presidents of Gulfstream Park and Santa Anita Park said they have pulled out all the stops in marketing this Saturday's $3.6-million Sunshine Millions, a unique program matching Florida-breds vs. California-breds at the two Magna Entertainment owned racetracks.
- By Tom LaMarra
A racetrack is part of the plan for the North Dakota Horse Park, a multi-purpose facility tied to the North Dakota State University's equine studies program.
Bits and pieces from around the Thoroughbred industry...
Millionaire Farda Amiga, an Eclipse Award finalist as top 3-year-old filly. will be bred to Gone West.
Little Current, who won the 1974 Preakness (gr. I) and Belmont (gr. I) Stakes the year he was champion 3-year-old male, was euthanized Jan. 16
Edward P. Evans' strong broodmare band at his Spring Hill Farm near Casanova, Va., has gotten stronger
The 2003 William Inglis and Son Ltd. San Miguel Classic Yearling Sale concluded Tuesday in Australia with an average price of AUS$29,812 for 347 horses sold and an overall gross of AUS$10,344,750, both marginally up on 2002.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby