Pass Rush has tough time getting to California, but comes through with a score in the San Fernando Breeders' Cup Stakes and Tates Creek rolled in the San Gorgonio.
Racing wide throughout, Michael Tabor's Pass Rush proved to be much the best in Saturday's $219,600 San Fernando Stakes (gr. II) for 4-year-olds at Santa Anita.
Prince Alphie charged from off the pace under Shane Sellers to win the $75,000 Black Gold Handicap on the turf in convincing fashion Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned in one of the best rides of his young career, waiting to find somewhere to go and striking at the perfect time to win the $75,000 Native Dancer Stakes aboard local favorite P Day Saturday at Laurel Park.
Windsor Castle gets back in the winning groove taking the Hal's Hope Handicap. Owners Melnyk and Gill off to fast start at Gulfstream Park.
Fox Hill Farm's favored Zonk allowed Pocus Hocus and With Ability to duel themselves out of contention, then came with an uncontested rally to post a four-length victory in Saturday's $109,600 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 mile on the Aqueduct inner dirt track.
Marjorie and Irving Cowan's Ministers Wild Cat, a 3-year-old colt out of Hollywood Wildcat by Deputy Minister, turned some heads in Saturday's fourth race at Santa Anita, defeating a $48,000 maiden special weight field by 7 1/2 lengths in a time of 1:22.57 for seven furlongs.
- By Scott Davis
Churchill Downs Inc. president Tom Meeker addressed the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States Jan. 11 with calls for regulatory consistency across jurisdictions and support for expanding racetrack gambling.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out