Repent, runner-up in last month's Travers Stakes (gr. I), worked five furlongs in 1:00.65 Sunday at Belmont in preparation for the Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) Sept. 28.
Heyahohowdy proved she's much more than a catchy name, romping over five rivals in Sunday's $129,625 La Prevoyante Stakes at Woodbine in a stellar 5 3/4-length win by the dark bay daughter of Domasca Dan.
Pearly Shells ran down Ana Marie in the final 100 yards to post a 1 1/2-length victory in Sunday's Group I Prix Vermeille for 3-year-old fillies at Longchamp, earning her fifth win of the season.
Apprentice jockey Alejandro Marcial was treated and released at Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights following an incident in the first race at Arlington Park Sunday.
Moyglare Stud Farm's Refuse to Bend captured the Group I Aga Khan's Studs National Stakes for 2-year-olds at The Curragh on Sunday, coming from behind to catch Van Nistelrooy in the final 75 yards and post a 3/4-length victory.
Walzerkoenigin, a 3-year-old daughter of Kingmambo, posted an upset victory over older horses when she won Sunday's Ernst & Young Euro-Cup (Ger-II) at Frankfurt, Germany.
Mr. Mellon, who won the Arlington Classic Stakes (gr. IIT) in June, has been retired after suffering a career-ending injury in the Sept. 7 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT).
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Creative Cause Filly's Sale Emotional for Koch
- Battle of Midway Logs Final Work for Kentucky Derby
- Unbridled Unleashed