Black Ruby, muledom's star of stars, will make her first appearance ever at Del Mar for a match race Sunday, Sept. 8, with arch-rival Taz for a purse of $10,000.
Citing a desire to give his star filly a break, trainer Bobby Frankel said Sunday morning that beaten Alabama favorite You will not race again this year.
David Milch's Disturbingthepeace takes the Pat O'Brien for sixth straight win.
The decision to keep a filly in training is one that is laced with tension. You can never be sure how it will work out. It had certainly looked as if it wasn't working out for Banks Hill, until she roared back to form in the Prix du Haras de Fresnay-le-Buffard Jacques le Marois (Fr-I) at Deauville on Aug. 18.
War Emblem will have his final preparation for next Sunday's $1 million Pacific Classic when he breezes over the Del Mar main track Tuesday morning at approximately 9 a.m.
Cat's At Home takes the early advantage and runs off with the Philip H. Iselin Handicap.
As the Thoroughbred industry embarks on a national campaign to encourage more investment in racehorses, the chairman of the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association has issued a plea for uniformity in medication to help the sport in a number of areas.
Sheikh Hamdan's homebred Muqbil, winner of the Aug. 16 Scottish & Newcastle Pub Enterprises Stakes at Newbury in England, is the first winner and stakes winner sired by European champion Swain.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31