WinStar Farm's Awesome Humor displayed her serious side Monday when she led from start to finish in the Adirondack Stakes (gr. II) for 2-year-old fillies at Saratoga Racecourse.
Trainer Todd Pletcher said Monday that Left Bank continues to make progress from the emergency abdominal surgery Saturday afternoon. Meanwhile, Ken McPeek said Repent will run in the Travers Stakes, and Tracie Smith took her one-woman show to Saratoga on Monday.
Graded stakes winner Global View has been moved to Jay Goodwin's Good Win Farm near Arkadelphia, Ark., where he will stand for owner Charles Chappel for $1,000.
Proud and True, a full brother to leading sire Our Emblem, was represented by his first winner Aug. 11 when his daughter Proud American won at seven furlongs at Calder Race Course for breeder/owner Donald Dizney.
A bay filly from the first crop of champion sprinter Artax brought the top price of $170,000 during the first session of Fasig-Tipton's preferred New York-bred yearling sale Sunday night at Saratoga.
Gross receipts and average price were down for the first of two nights of the California Thoroughbred Breeders Association's Del Mar yearling sale on Sunday, but the median increased marginally and the session boasted the highest-priced yearling sold by the CTBA in more than a decade.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen