Handle on the inaugural Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Future Bet totaled $173,844 over the holiday weekend, with Street Cry the early 4-1 favorite for the Classic, Azeri the 5-2 favorite for the Distaff, and the "field" the 9-2 betting pick in the Sprint.
Good Journey and Pat Day team to win the Firecracker at Churchill Downs on July Fourth.
Clearly a Queen upset 3-5 favorite Siringas to win Sunday's Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Monmouth Park, coming from just off the pace under Eibar Coa to win by two lengths.
E is the only letter needed to explain how late entrant E Dubai eased to victory in the Suburban.
Court TV network is airing a program about J. T. Lundy, his tenure at Calumet Farm, Calumet's bankruptcy, and Lundy's subsequent conviction on various charges.
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
A more focused Mr. John takes the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker for his first stakes win. Meanwhile, Easyfromthegitgo beat Pass Rush by a neck in the $250,000 Iowa Derby.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- John Moore Sweeps Hong Kong G1s
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Under Tack Show Can Make or Break Sale
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win