Handle on the inaugural Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Future Bet totaled $173,844 over the holiday weekend, with Street Cry the early 4-1 favorite for the Classic, Azeri the 5-2 favorite for the Distaff, and the "field" the 9-2 betting pick in the Sprint.
Good Journey and Pat Day team to win the Firecracker at Churchill Downs on July Fourth.
Clearly a Queen upset 3-5 favorite Siringas to win Sunday's Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Monmouth Park, coming from just off the pace under Eibar Coa to win by two lengths.
E is the only letter needed to explain how late entrant E Dubai eased to victory in the Suburban.
Court TV network is airing a program about J. T. Lundy, his tenure at Calumet Farm, Calumet's bankruptcy, and Lundy's subsequent conviction on various charges.
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
A more focused Mr. John takes the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker for his first stakes win. Meanwhile, Easyfromthegitgo beat Pass Rush by a neck in the $250,000 Iowa Derby.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm
- 4 Kentucky Derby Contenders to Watch
- Brown Ships in Three for Hollywood Derby