Handle on the inaugural Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships Future Bet totaled $173,844 over the holiday weekend, with Street Cry the early 4-1 favorite for the Classic, Azeri the 5-2 favorite for the Distaff, and the "field" the 9-2 betting pick in the Sprint.
Good Journey and Pat Day team to win the Firecracker at Churchill Downs on July Fourth.
Clearly a Queen upset 3-5 favorite Siringas to win Sunday's Matchmaker Handicap (gr. IIT) at Monmouth Park, coming from just off the pace under Eibar Coa to win by two lengths.
E is the only letter needed to explain how late entrant E Dubai eased to victory in the Suburban.
Court TV network is airing a program about J. T. Lundy, his tenure at Calumet Farm, Calumet's bankruptcy, and Lundy's subsequent conviction on various charges.
While the bloodstock market anxiously awaits the beginning of the yearling sale season, there is a heightened level of anticipation with first-crop stallions.
A more focused Mr. John takes the Prairie Meadows Cornhusker for his first stakes win. Meanwhile, Easyfromthegitgo beat Pass Rush by a neck in the $250,000 Iowa Derby.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another