Trainer Bob Baffert informed Monmouth Park officials Saturday that War Emblem will definitely run in the $1 million Haskell Invitational Handicap on Aug. 4.
Affluent ran down Janet in deep stretch and held off a fast-closing Golden Apples by a half-length to win the $400,000 John C. Mabee/Ramona Handicap at nine furlongs on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
California-bred Disturbingthepeace made some more noise in the sprint division, winning Saturday's $200,000 Bing Crosby Breeders' Cup Handicap (g. II) at Del Mar.
Sent off at odds of 3-5, England's Legend was an easy gate-two-wire winner over seven rivals in the $150,000 Modesty Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday.
Juddmonte Farm's Tates Creek nipped favored Voodoo Dancer by a short nose in a furious stretch battle to claim the $500,000 Diana Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Saratoga Race Course.
Falcon Flight and England's Legend, both French-breds, to advance after winning Million Preview Day stakes at Arlington Park.
Van Nistelrooy, who brought the top-price of $6.4 million at last Keeneland's September yearling sale, became the 100th stakes winner for Overbrook Farm's leading sire Storm Cat when he won the Flame of Tara Tyros Stakes at Curragh on Saturday.
Golan wins a memorable King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes the week his owner, Lord Weinstock, dies.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale