Churchill Downs Inc. hit a couple financial records during its second quarter due to record wagering on Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks days, additional racing days, and growth in its simulcast network.
Churchill Downs Inc. hit several financial records during its second quarter due to record wagering on Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks days, additional racing days, and growth in its simulcast network.
The fact that William T. Young's stallion extraordinaire Storm Cat led the Keeneland July yearling sale by average hardly sent shock waves through the industry.
Todd Pletcher, fresh off earning his second Belmont Park training title, seeks to keep the ball rolling as the New York racing season shifts from Belmont to Saratoga. Pletcher will be looking for his first stakes win of the meet on Thursday when he sends out Hussar in the $150,000 Sanford Stakes (gr. II), going six furlongs.
The co-owners of Equix Biomechanics have parted ways, with former Equix president Bob Fierro leaving to help form a new company.
Police In Saratoga Springs are searching for a stolen horse. According to the Saratogian newspaper, "My Petite Fleur" -- a 60-pound, brown fiberglass colt with flowers painted all over its body -- was taken from its concrete slab on Broadway in front of Saratoga Arms sometime in the early morning hours of July 20.
On the sales block just a year ago, New York City Off-Track Betting Corp. is shedding its fire-sale image and moving ahead with plans to bring back bettors and forge new ties with racetracks, its new president said.
- By Tom Precious
An influential breeder in New York, embroiled in a dispute with a neighbor, has successfully pushed through a measure to ban the setting off of fireworks near breeding farms.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million