Richard Bertram and Elaine Klein's Allamerican Bertie won the Delaware Oaks at Delaware Park by 6 1/4-lengths on Saturday under Larry Melancon.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. II) winner War Emblem will have to spot his foes from two to 10 pounds if he makes his anticipated trip to New Jersey from California for the Aug. 4 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), a $1-million race over nine furlongs.
Bonapaw, the 6-year-old gelding who traveled to Dubai earlier this year and finished sixth in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) sprint, stretched out to a mile and won the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by 2 1/4 lengths at Arlington Park.
Millionaire Kiridashi was represented by his first winner when Brigadoon won a maiden special weight race at Great Lakes Downs on Friday.
Cappuchino and Mananan McLir, only a head apart at the finish of the Round Table Handicap at Bay Meadows two starts back, match strides again when they face six international rivals in Sunday's $225,000 American Derby at Arlington Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown