Richard Bertram and Elaine Klein's Allamerican Bertie won the Delaware Oaks at Delaware Park by 6 1/4-lengths on Saturday under Larry Melancon.
Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness Stakes (gr. II) winner War Emblem will have to spot his foes from two to 10 pounds if he makes his anticipated trip to New Jersey from California for the Aug. 4 Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), a $1-million race over nine furlongs.
Bonapaw, the 6-year-old gelding who traveled to Dubai earlier this year and finished sixth in the Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) sprint, stretched out to a mile and won the Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by 2 1/4 lengths at Arlington Park.
Millionaire Kiridashi was represented by his first winner when Brigadoon won a maiden special weight race at Great Lakes Downs on Friday.
Cappuchino and Mananan McLir, only a head apart at the finish of the Round Table Handicap at Bay Meadows two starts back, match strides again when they face six international rivals in Sunday's $225,000 American Derby at Arlington Park.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- A Travers Day Christmas Present