A field of 10 fillies and mares will contest the $600,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/4 miles Sunday at Delaware Park. The Edward P. Evans entry of Summer Colony and Unrestrained has been installed the 8/5 favorite.
Continental Red hopes to run back to his winning ways in Sunday's Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, but to do so he will have to defeat a pair of Bobby Frankel runners, never an easy task. The 12-furlong Sunset will be the final stakes at the Hollywood meet that closes Sunday.
Japanese stallion Sunday Silence, who temporarily was relieved of stallion duty in May because of an infection in his right front leg, underwent an operation July 18 to remove pus in the leg
The winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia was up 37% in gross, rising from $1,378,000 to $1,893,550.
Stakes winner Wild Deputy was represented by his first winner when his son Puddin Tame won July 18 at Solano.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- First Foal a Filly for Grade 1 Winner Danza
- First Foal for Circumference is a Filly
- Bahamian Squall's First Foal is a Colt
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes