A field of 10 fillies and mares will contest the $600,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/4 miles Sunday at Delaware Park. The Edward P. Evans entry of Summer Colony and Unrestrained has been installed the 8/5 favorite.
Continental Red hopes to run back to his winning ways in Sunday's Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, but to do so he will have to defeat a pair of Bobby Frankel runners, never an easy task. The 12-furlong Sunset will be the final stakes at the Hollywood meet that closes Sunday.
Japanese stallion Sunday Silence, who temporarily was relieved of stallion duty in May because of an infection in his right front leg, underwent an operation July 18 to remove pus in the leg
The winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia was up 37% in gross, rising from $1,378,000 to $1,893,550.
Stakes winner Wild Deputy was represented by his first winner when his son Puddin Tame won July 18 at Solano.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Proposed Changes in PA-Bred Fund Questioned