A field of 10 fillies and mares will contest the $600,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/4 miles Sunday at Delaware Park. The Edward P. Evans entry of Summer Colony and Unrestrained has been installed the 8/5 favorite.
Continental Red hopes to run back to his winning ways in Sunday's Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, but to do so he will have to defeat a pair of Bobby Frankel runners, never an easy task. The 12-furlong Sunset will be the final stakes at the Hollywood meet that closes Sunday.
Japanese stallion Sunday Silence, who temporarily was relieved of stallion duty in May because of an infection in his right front leg, underwent an operation July 18 to remove pus in the leg
The winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia was up 37% in gross, rising from $1,378,000 to $1,893,550.
Stakes winner Wild Deputy was represented by his first winner when his son Puddin Tame won July 18 at Solano.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Tapwrit Works Towards Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double
- Well-Placed Illuminant Shines in Monrovia
- Gormley Works for Possible Belmont Start