A field of 10 fillies and mares will contest the $600,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/4 miles Sunday at Delaware Park. The Edward P. Evans entry of Summer Colony and Unrestrained has been installed the 8/5 favorite.
Continental Red hopes to run back to his winning ways in Sunday's Sunset Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, but to do so he will have to defeat a pair of Bobby Frankel runners, never an easy task. The 12-furlong Sunset will be the final stakes at the Hollywood meet that closes Sunday.
Japanese stallion Sunday Silence, who temporarily was relieved of stallion duty in May because of an infection in his right front leg, underwent an operation July 18 to remove pus in the leg
The winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia was up 37% in gross, rising from $1,378,000 to $1,893,550.
Stakes winner Wild Deputy was represented by his first winner when his son Puddin Tame won July 18 at Solano.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady