Gross sales and buy-backs soared for opening day of the two-day Fasig-Tipton Kentucky select yearling sale that began Wednesday.
Ten female turf specialists are entered for Saturday's Robert G. Dick Memorial Breeders' Cup Stakes at Delaware Park. Graham Motion, who has horses entered in the other two stakes on the same day, has the favorite in this race, New Economy.
Fillies from California, Kentucky, and New York are among those entered in the Oaks.
Together Mark Shuman and Tim Ritchey train 50% of the entrants for Saturday's R.R.M. Carpenter Jr. Memorial Stakes at Delaware Park.
Six-year-old Tribal Rule, who started only four times in his star-crossed career, has been retired from racing after suffering a sesamoid injury in a July 10 allowance race at Hollywood Park
When Lane's End scratched all six of its horses catalogued for Tuesday's final session of the Keeneland select yearling sale, it created a bit of an uproar. Bill Farish discussed the decision Wednesday.
Trainer Bob Baffert said he is "trying to tighten the screws" on Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner War Emblem, who worked seven furlongs in a quick 1:23 3/5 Wednesday morning at Santa Anita Park in preparation for the Aug. 4 Haskell Invitational Handicap at Monmouth Park.
Seven-year-old Japanese stallion El Condor Pasa died of complications from colic following surgery
The California Thoroughbred Breeders Association will have more power over how purse money is spent under a measure recently signed into law by Gov. Gray Davis.
Four interesting facts were brought to light because of the late-term abortion and Eastern tent caterpillar (ETC) study that was recently completed at the University of Kentucky, according to Dr. Thomas Tobin of the Gluck Equine Research Center:
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby