The Allen E. Paulson Living Trust's Azeri has only raced seven times, but the 4-year-old daughter of Jade Hunter has built a solid resume, winning six of those races including Saturday's decisive win in the $211,400 Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
While the return of Congaree in the $300,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) is the feature race on Monday's holiday card at the Texas track, Hallowed Dreams' attempt to repeat in the Valid Expectations Stakes adds spice to the 11-race card.
Mack Fehsenfeld's 8-year-old Key Lory overcame an eight-month layoff to earn his fourth consecutive victory in Saturday's $100,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. Under Harry Vega. Key Lory completed the mile in 1:35.92 on the firm turf course.
After missing the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes, Take Charge Lady bounces back to win the Dogwood.
If the Preakness took anything out of War Emblem, he didn't show any signs of it Thursday morning, as he took to the track for his first gallop since winning the second leg of the Triple Crown.
Rock of Gibraltar swept to the lead in the final furlong to easily win the Entenmann's Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) Saturday at The Curragh, giving the Aidan O'Brien-trained horse a sweep of the English and Irish Guineas. O'Brien sent out the top three finishers in Saturday's race, giving the trainer an unprecedented sweep of this year's French, English, and Irish 2,000 Guineas.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut