Based on the first session results Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the market for 2-year-olds in training in Maryland is stable.
The Nasdaq Stock Market notified executives at Youbet.com on May 16 that the company's stock was not in compliance with a $1 per share minimum standard and was subject to delisting.
Gloomy weather depressed on-track wagering for the 127th Preakness Stakes (gr. I), but interest in the race around the country helped Pimlico Race Course set several wagering records.
Falvelon established himself as one of the best ever Australian sprinters with a successful defense of the Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane on May 18.
Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Average price at the New Zealand National Broodmare sale fell 25 per cent to $9,532 (all amounts in New Zealand funds) for 215 head.
Yet another upset was scored in Japan's spring top level races as Smile Tomorrow bested a full-gate in the 63rd running of the Oaks (Jpn-I) on May 19 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Few stallions in recent memory have enjoyed more of an upswing in their reputation in such a short span as Our Emblem.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory