Based on the first session results Monday at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale, the market for 2-year-olds in training in Maryland is stable.
The Nasdaq Stock Market notified executives at Youbet.com on May 16 that the company's stock was not in compliance with a $1 per share minimum standard and was subject to delisting.
Gloomy weather depressed on-track wagering for the 127th Preakness Stakes (gr. I), but interest in the race around the country helped Pimlico Race Course set several wagering records.
Falvelon established himself as one of the best ever Australian sprinters with a successful defense of the Doomben 10,000 (Aust-I) in Brisbane on May 18.
Tully Thunder failed to parlay her Australasian Oaks victory (Aust-I) into success in the longer South Australian Oaks (Aust-I) at Morphettville on May 18. In the end, the Thunder Gulch filly was outstayed by She's Archie in the $250,000 (Australian funds) contest.
Average price at the New Zealand National Broodmare sale fell 25 per cent to $9,532 (all amounts in New Zealand funds) for 215 head.
Yet another upset was scored in Japan's spring top level races as Smile Tomorrow bested a full-gate in the 63rd running of the Oaks (Jpn-I) on May 19 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Few stallions in recent memory have enjoyed more of an upswing in their reputation in such a short span as Our Emblem.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup