Juddmonte Farms' homebred Skipping won the $80,175 Jim Murray Handicap on Sunday, beating Startac by two lengths in the 1 1/2-mile turf race at Hollywood Park.
Twenty-two juveniles, 12 fillies, 9 colts and 1 gelding, each worked :10 3/5 in the two under tack shows for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Tails of the Crypt, listed as a possible starter for the Belmont Stakes, finished second Saturday in the $162,750 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine. Also, another horse listed by Belmont Park as a possible starter in the third leg of the Triple Crown has been entered in Thursday's feature race at Hollywood Park –- the $75,000 Alydar Stakes.
NBC Sports coverage of the 127th Preakness Stakes Saturday generated a 6.5 overnight rating and 15 share (5-6:45 p.m. ET), the highest overnight rating for the Preakness since 1990's 7.8/20 on ABC, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Best of the Bests rebounded from a seventh-place finish in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) to upset Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Banks Hill in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) on Sunday at Longchamp.
Who will challenge War Emblem in the Belmont (gr. I) and try to stop his Triple Crown bid? Wayne Lukas said Sunday morning that Proud Citizen, who was second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and third in the Preakness (gr. I), will show up for sure.
Get ready New York. Bob Baffert and War Emblem are coming.
The first winners for millionaire Flag Down and grade II winner Northern Afleet emerged May 17.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile