Juddmonte Farms' homebred Skipping won the $80,175 Jim Murray Handicap on Sunday, beating Startac by two lengths in the 1 1/2-mile turf race at Hollywood Park.
Twenty-two juveniles, 12 fillies, 9 colts and 1 gelding, each worked :10 3/5 in the two under tack shows for the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Tails of the Crypt, listed as a possible starter for the Belmont Stakes, finished second Saturday in the $162,750 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine. Also, another horse listed by Belmont Park as a possible starter in the third leg of the Triple Crown has been entered in Thursday's feature race at Hollywood Park –- the $75,000 Alydar Stakes.
NBC Sports coverage of the 127th Preakness Stakes Saturday generated a 6.5 overnight rating and 15 share (5-6:45 p.m. ET), the highest overnight rating for the Preakness since 1990's 7.8/20 on ABC, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Best of the Bests rebounded from a seventh-place finish in the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) to upset Breeders' Cup Filly and Mare Turf (gr. IT) winner Banks Hill in the Prix d'Ispahan (Fr-I) on Sunday at Longchamp.
Who will challenge War Emblem in the Belmont (gr. I) and try to stop his Triple Crown bid? Wayne Lukas said Sunday morning that Proud Citizen, who was second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and third in the Preakness (gr. I), will show up for sure.
Get ready New York. Bob Baffert and War Emblem are coming.
The first winners for millionaire Flag Down and grade II winner Northern Afleet emerged May 17.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park