Malabar Gold tracked pacesetter Astonished down the hill before rallying in the final strides to earn a head-length win in $138,125 San Simeon Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita.
Ringaskiddy, a 6-year-old gelding trainer Juan Garcia co-owns with Leonard Scofield, cut the final corner and ran away with the $400,000 San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IT).
Gotham Stakes (gr. III) winner Mayakovsky drilled five furlongs in :58 1/5 Sunday at Churchill Downs as he prepares for Saturday's Derby Trial Stakes (gr. III) at the Louisville track.
Michael Tabor's Duckhorn proved to be in his element on the wet track at Keeneland Sunday, taking the $103,984 Ben Ali Stakes by seven lengths over New Orleans Handicap winner Parade Leader.
Gary West's Wood Memorial (gr. I) winner Buddha breezed six furlongs over Belmont Park's training track Sunday. The son of Unbridled's Song completed the drill in 1:14 2/5.
- By Jack Shinar
Fairplex Park and Santa Anita Park are in negotiation to bring the Los Angeles County Fair's 17-day end-of-summer race meeting to Santa Anita, a Magna Entertainment Corporation official told stockholders at its annual meeting April 18.
Cassidy, a graded stakes winner for Peter Mirabelli, produced her first foal, a Cat Thief colt, April 19 at Fares Farm near Lexington.
Eishin Preston, an American-bred son of Green Dancer based in Japan, defeated Takao Watanabe's Agnes Digital by a half-length in Sunday's Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) on good turf at Sha Tin.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start