Peter M. Crane's Hail The Chief has found a new life since being switched to dirt racing.
Michael Tabor's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) hopeful Bella Bellucci breezed four furlongs at Churchill Downs Saturday, getting the distance in :47 3/5 on a fast track.
Trainer Neil Drysdale said Fusao Sekiguchi's Flying Dash will run in the April 27 Derby Trial Stakes (gr. III) at Churchill Downs and then go on to the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) if the German-bred performs well in the one-turn mile event.
Astra battles back, to win the Santa Barbara for the estate of the late Allen Paulson.
G Three Stable's Smoked Em set unpressured fractions en route to a two-length win over Magic Weisner in Saturday's $107,250 Federico Tesio Stakes at Pimlico. Smoked Em's victory snapped 9-10 favorite Magic Weisner's five-race winning streak.
A colt by Grand Slam whipped through a quarter mile in :21 1/5 to post the fastest work at the distance Saturday during the fourth and final session of the under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's spring sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Raging Fever continues her winning ways, taking the one-turn mile Bed o' Roses.
The D. Wayne Lukas-trained Proud Citizen earns a Kentucky Derby berth after winning the Lexington .
Owner-breeder John C. Mabee suffered his second stroke in two years Sunday and was listed in critical condition Friday while breathing with the aid of a respirator.
David Flores will ride Essence of Dubai for the first time in the May 4 Kentucky Derby and also has the mount on Tempera in the May 3 Kentucky Oaks. Frankie Dettori will ride Imperial Gesture in the Oaks, but will be in England on Derby day to ride Naheef in the Sagitta Two Thousand Guineas.
Robby Albarado will ride Request For Parole in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), according to the jockey's agent, Lenny Pike.
News By Date
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work